Saturday 22 September 2012

Hair Routine





I’ve been using Aussie shampoo & 3 Minute Miracle conditioner for more than a decade. What can I say, when I find something I really like, I’m loyal! I use two depending on my mood: Frizz Miracle and Miracle Moist, however if I’ve just dyed my hair I use the little bottle of conditioner that comes with it (and usually resolve to write to L’Oreal begging them to make a full size bottle of it). 



Before I rinse the conditioner off I run a wide toothed comb through my hair to get as many tangles out as possible, and I’ll repeat as I’m rinsing to get any that I missed.


I leave my hair wrapped up in a towel for anything between 15-30 minutes, then use my VO5 Miracle Concentrate Elixir with Argan Oil. Most of the reviews I’ve read stated that only a couple of drops are necessary, but I found that it wasn’t really doing anything. Now I use about half a dropper’s worth of the oil every time and I find it does a much better job. It can also be used on dry hair to give a bit of extra help which I usually need when I leave my hair in its natural wavy state (I’ll do a separate post on that).

And the most important bit of all: heat protection. Although I only wash my hair 3 times a week, I blow dry & straighten every time, and need to go over the ends most mornings with my GHDs so a good quality heat protector is a must. I’m currently using John Frieda’s Frizz Ease Heat Defeat Protective Styling Spray which I find does a really good job and is one that I repurchase.



No comments:

Post a Comment