Saturday 10 August 2013

London Calling...

This post should have gone up last week before I went on holiday, but unfortunately time and my laptop conspired against me and I didn’t quite manage it. But we’re only halfway through the summer and lots of you are still going on holiday so here’s what I took to London with me...

Boring Practicals
Wet wipes and body spray, for on-the-go freshening up (came in handy in 31 degree heat!), anti histamines which also came in handy when I came out in a wicked heat rash, painkillers, tissues and savlon (no idea why, I just chucked it in on the off chance).



Shower Essentials
Mini Aussie shampoo and conditioner – I’ve had these for a few years and just top them up from my big bottle whenever I go away as hotel toiletries never seem to do the trick!
St Ives exfoliator – this was a free sample from the Boots website and is the perfect size for travelling.
Mitchum deodorant – if you’re spending the day traipsing round tourist attractions in the middle of summer you’re gonna need something heavy duty to keep you feeling (and smelling) fresh.
Johnson’s baby softwash – what??? I like having baby soft skin!
Venus Spa Breeze razor and spare blade – these are the handiest things for travelling, no need to pack an separate bulky bottle of shaving gel, and this razor is so quick and easy to use that your pins are fuzz free in no time – a must on holiday.




Sunshine Sundries
Sunglasses – a bargain £7 from Tescos. I normally find it really hard to find sunglasses that fit my pea-head, but these were perfect :D
Ambre Solaire Factor 30 suncream – Big enough to see me through a few days away, and small enough to carry around with me. Unfortunately I still managed to get a bit burnt, but it was 31 degrees after all!
Boots Soltan after sun – I actually bought this over there, after the aforementioned burning incident. I love Soltan products, they do exactly what they say on the tin without breaking the bank.



Skincare
I received a gift set at Christmas full of miniatures of the exact skincare products that I use (someone did their research!) From l-r: No7 Cleanse & Care Eye Makeup Remover, No7 Soft & Soothed Cleanser, No7 Soft & Soothed Toner, Nivea Daily Essentials Light Moisturising Day Cream


Haircare
Shower comb – to gently ease out any tangles while conditioning, clip for sectioning during blow drying/straightening, Aussie Take the Heat leave-in spray, Boots Essentials hairspray, Body Shop mini hairbrush


Brush Roll
L-r: No7 Crease Brush, (rather old) No7 Eyeshadow Brush, Elf Blending Eye Brush, Real Techniques Contour Brush, Real Techniques Pointed Foundation Brush, Real Techniques Detailer Brush, Real Techniques Buffing Brush

No comments:

Post a Comment